5 Benefits of Plastic Injection Molding
Plastic injection molding is an incredibly effective way to manufacture accurate plastic parts and components. It’s quick, saving you valuable production time. It’s accurate, meaning you waste fewer materials. And it’s consistent, giving you peace of mind that what you ask for is what you’ll get – every single time. It is a preferred method for manufacturing parts because of its multiple advantages.
What is Plastic Injection Molding?
Injection molding is a popular manufacturing process used to create plastic parts by injecting heated material into a specific mold. Molds are made from specific designs, giving the customer maximum flexibility and control over the end product. While the process can be used for various metals and even glasses, it’s considered a highly effective method for creating custom injection molded plastics
What are the Benefits of Custom Injection Molded Plastics?
- Resourceful: Plastic can be recycled, cutting the waste to our environment and controlling our footprint on the world. It is an effective process, and also resourceful. Only as much plastic as is necessary is used to create the part and all excess plastic can be ground up and recycled after use.
- Cost Effective: Easy to manufacture with today’s engineered resins, plastic is cost saving to a lot of companies, with its light weight durability’s and easy to mold, plastic is cost savings over many other materials. Another factor that helps reduce cost is automation. A majority of the injection molding process is performed by machines and robotics which a sole operator can control and manage. Automation helps to reduce manufacturing costs, as the overheads are significantly reduced.
- Customizable: Injection molds are subjected to extremely high pressure. As a result, the plastic within the molds is pressed harder against the mold compared to any other molding process. Due to this excessively high pressure, it is possible to add a lot of details into the design of the part. Complex and intricate shapes can easily be designed and manufactured which otherwise would have been too complicated and expensive to manufacture. You can custom color your product with a coloring compound, giving you the desired color or appeal.
- Enhanced Strength: Plastic materials have other advantages over other materials like glass or metal. UV Packages can be added for a longer life in the field. Plastic has a higher wear resistance and is thermally conductive and easier to manufacture. It is also possible to use fillers in the injection molds. These fillers reduce the density of the plastic while it is molded and also help in adding greater strength to the part after it has been molded.
- Accurate: The plastic injection molding process is effective, consistent and virtually error-proof. It is such a precise method that it can fabricate nearly any type of plastic part. There are certain design restrictions, but the molds that are made allow the finished product to be very precise. Accuracy is typically within 0.005 inches.
If you are looking for a high quality, cost effective, environmentally friendly custom molded solution for your product – look no further than Innovative Plastics. We can turn your design idea into a reality. Contact us today to get started!